Wednesday, August 12, 2015

latest idea

I am excited to announce a new idea I have. I am going to make and release an annual art calendar starting with 2016 and it will be available each year I continue to do art. The calendar, which will include my very own work, will be hand selected, arranged and designed by me. I have been putting my heart and soul into this thing. I want walk away knowing something in public was solely completed by me...no shortcuts, help, input, suggestions, nothing. This is my second attempt at it. Each time i have attempt it, it has taken roughly two days of barely eating and no sleep. Currently i have 1 proto-type and a more significantly completed draft. My goal with the calendar isn't to make money but rather challenge myself to match a completed artwork with a month of the year, that way each piece will have a significant correlation to a month of the year and since it will be and is thought out by me, it will be one of a kind! Once the calendar is completed i'll show it off and offer it up. I know I've put a lot of effort into it even in this, the earliest of stages. It may or may not be special to others but it will be individually special to me. I will be able to look back on all of the thought, effort, and creativity that went into the creation of it. I am surprised at the fact that I'm willing to put my artwork on something besides canvas and I'm also glad that my artwork will have another place it belongs so people can enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment